Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I wandered lonely as a cloud by Wordsworth

This was my favorite selection of poetry that we have read for this class so far. I was able to read it fairly easily and understood it pretty well too. For me the poem is a reminder that we need to stop and smell the roses every now and then. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our routines that we miss opportunities that could have been extremely beneficial to us had we payed attention to them. People go through their lives with such a strict focus that all they can see is themselves and the goal they are trying to reach. They miss the beauty of the small things in life, such as nature in this poem. When we do come across these rare moments in our life we do not always understand what their purpose is. Just as the poem points out that they "Little thought What wealth the show to me had brought" (459). Sometimes we do not realize what we had until it is gone. The take away point of the poem for me is not to take anything for granted. Appreciate everything you have, because you never know how long it will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment